A leading provider of next-generation AI business solutions in the rapidly growing Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) space, Cortical.io is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Java. This position is based in Vienna, Austria.
Cortical.io is at the forefront of applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) to one of today’s biggest challenges: helping companies intelligently process large volumes of documents. Our team has developed a highly efficient approach to NLU inspired by neuroscience that enables unprecedented levels of accuracy. The uniqueness of our technology, combined with the speed and flexibility of implementation, has convinced some of the largest enterprises in the world to adopt our solutions such as Contract Intelligence and Message Intelligence, to extract, classify, and search unstructured text. With Cortical.io, these global players from the finance, insurance, pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry can improve their overall efficiency and profitability.
A true disruptor in the IDP space, Cortical.io is a pioneer-minded, fast-growing company whose success largely relies on the passion of its employees, who are committed to turning their projects into success stories. We value curiosity and openness of mind, as well as reliability and transparency. Join us if you want to be part of the exciting journey of mixing up one of the most challenging AI fields!
The ideal candidates for this position have experience in Java product development, Java Enterprise frameworks, and database management systems. If you are keen on learning new technologies and want to contribute to software solutions that solve challenging NLU problems, then you should send us your application!
- Good working proficiency in written and spoken English
- European Union citizenship or authorization to work in Austria
What you’ll be working on
- Be part of the Contract Intelligence team, creating an enterprise-ready product for our state-of-the-art AI and NLP solutions to solve real-world use cases for large companies
- Participate in the design, planning and development of the Contract Intelligence product in each of its different back-end layers
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Java software engineer (Java 8+)
- Practical experience with most of the following:
- Clean code practices, software testing and code reviews
- Java enterprise frameworks (Spring or J2EE)
- Relational database management systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Web services and associated technologies (REST, JSON, Docker)
- Build and version control tools (Maven, Jenkins, Git)
- Development for and under Unix environments (basic commands)
- Solid development practices in an agile software environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Strong sense for teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Willingness to investigate and learn new technologies
Qualification & Experience
- A master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in information retrieval, AI or NLP
- Experience with other programming languages, e.g. Python, shell scripting
- 25 vacation days a year, the Austrian national health insurance and pension plan
- A relaxed, diverse, and friendly work environment in a pleasant office with flexible working arrangements
- The option of occasional home office
- The satisfaction of engineering successful AI and NLU solutions where competing technologies have come up short
- Joining a growing technology company that is already working with many big-name customers
We offer minimum salary of € 3.618,- per month (in accordance with the collective agreement) but provide a market-compliant higher salary depending on qualifications and experience.
Firmenkontakt und Herausgeber des Stellenangebots:
Mariahilfer Strasse 4
(siehe Firmenkontakt oben) verantwortlich. Dieser ist in der Regel auch Urheber des Stellenagebotstextes,
sowie der angehängten Bild-, Ton-, Video-, Medien- und Informationsmaterialien. Die United News Network GmbH
übernimmt keine Haftung für die Korrektheit oder Vollständigkeit des dargestellten Stellenangebots. Auch bei
Übertragungsfehlern oder anderen Störungen haftet sie nur im Fall von Vorsatz oder grober Fahrlässigkeit.
Die Nutzung von hier archivierten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung
ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem
angegebenen Herausgeber. Eine systematische Speicherung dieser Daten sowie die Verwendung auch von Teilen
dieses Datenbankwerks sind nur mit schriftlicher Genehmigung durch die United News Network GmbH gestattet